Here is a listing of the items most needed by our 13 partner food pantry sites:
- 100% Juice (tomato, orange, or vegetable in a can or plastic bottle)
- Fruit (canned in water or 100% juice, not in heavy syrup)
- Vegetables (tomatoes, green beans, mixed vegetables, or sweet potatoes, canned with no salt added)
- Beans (dry or canned in water)
- Peanut butter
- Meat (tuna or chicken canned in water)
- Whole-grain dry pasta or egg noodles
- Brown rice (regular or instant)
- Vegetable soup (low-sodium)
- Spaghetti sauce
- Cereal (instant or regular oatmeal with no sugar added, whole grain cheerios, wheat chex, wheaties,
- Granola or shredded wheat
- Shelf-stable low-fat UHT milk (in aseptic packaging, no canned milk)
- Infant/baby formula
- Diapers and baby wipes (size 5-6, including pull-up trainers)
- Personal care products (shampoo, soap, feminine hygiene, toothpaste, or deodorant)
- Fresh whole grain bread items (with generous expiration dates)
- Fresh fruits and vegetables (potatoes/sweet potatoes, bananas, apples, carrots, grapes, oranges, tomatoes, melons, broccoli, or bell peppers)
*Please donate far before expiration and prime ripeness.
- Cash donations so that we can purchase items on this list. We can purchase two – six more times the food than what retail prices afford due to the fact that we buy at wholesale and in bulk from the Food Bank of Iowa and other wholesalers.
For instructions on how to donate, please click here.
For more information, contact Rebecca Whitlow, food pantry newtork director at: 515-277-6969.